TJB-INC specializes in a variety of Landscape Maintenance services.
Since 1976, TJB-INC has incorporated a blend of science, technology and experience to develop qualitative landscape maintenance programs designed to sustain the quality and health of a landscaped area while preserving the intended design concept. In addition, TJB-INC has instituted a proactive management philosophy that affords our customers the comfort and knowledge that their landscapes are being maintained to the highest possible standards.
Over the years, Ted J. Greiner (CEO) with his background in Horticulture and Agronomy, has designed and implemented processes for TJB-INC that account for property specifics such as plant/tree types and ages, lawn type and size, and overall property acreage. With this information, TJB-INC can provide a comprehensive plan that includes maintenance schedules for trimming/pruning, fertilizing, core aeration for lawns, turf renovation & overseeding, hard cut-backs of plants and weed control activities. Customers can choose from the following services:
Spring Clean Up
- Blow all beds removing leaves & debris from winter.
- Hand rake worst areas of lawn.
- Pick up twigs from lawn.
- Rake off dead foliage from perennials in beds.
- Clean beds of any foreign material so they are ready for growing season.
- Clean Eaves.
- Put back sod in areas damaged from winter snow plowing.
- Put stone/gravel back in areas that was moved by snowplows.
- Single/ Double Shredded Hardwood
- Colored Hardwood Mulch
- Wood chips - Play Ground
- Stone- assorted varieties and colors
Over Seeding/Slit Seeding
- Specialized machine used to put furrows in the soil or existing turf and dropping grass seed in the furrows. The machine then covers the furrows.
- This process is used to renovate existing bare or weak lawns, without total reconstruction of a new lawn.
- A very economical way to revitalize an existing lawn.
- The best time to do is in the or early fall.
- Special machine used to remove plugs of soil, and deposit on lawn.
- The holes from the aeration promote deep root growth of the grass to overcome times of stress in the mid summer heat.
- As soil from plugs breakdown, microorganisms from the soil break down the thatch in the lawn.
- Rainwater flows into the holes- the grass roots grow to the bottom of the hole to the water.
- Best time to do is in the early spring or late fall.
- Special machine used to deeply rake turf areas to remove dead and undecomposed organic matter build up. The purpose is to promote the grass plant to root in the soil and not in the organic matter which makes it more susceptible to extreme environmental conditions. A half inch of thatch is actually beneficial for your turf.
- The best time to dethatch is in early fall.
- From a quarter acre to twenty acres, TJB-INC uses specialized mowers with 21" decks to 72" decks to cut the turf at a specified height to provide a beautiful well maintained turf area.
- Turf is normally cut at a height of 3" during the normal growing season with the last cut in the fall done at 2" to prepare the turf for winter. Mower height can be raised for certain drought conditions, or lowered for specific purpose, or appearance.
- String trimming is done after mowing around edging, trees, fencing, foundations and beds. Special applications include shorelines, steep slopes and inaccessible locations.
- Blowers are used after mowing and string trimming on all hard surfaces and some beds. TJB-INC uses backpack blowers up to walk behind blowers to do small walks, decks, and driveways up to large parking lots.
Edging Curbs & Walks
- The use of a blade machine to keep grass from growing over the edge of curbs and walks, to compliment its appearance.
- Gives a crisp clean edge.
- Usually done on a monthly basis.
- The use of hand pruners, hand shears, gas powers hedge trimmers (hand held and extended) and pole pruners to keep the plant material shaped and neat in appearance at all times.
- We typically do 3 times per season - late spring- mid summer and early fall, or as directed by our customers.
- Manually pulling the weeds by hand from beds.
- Most commonly done in planted beds where you can not spray or string trim
Trash Pick Up
- Pick up of all debris in lawn areas, beds and parking lots
Fall Clean Up
- Blow all beds removing leaves & debris from summer/fall.
- Blow and/or vacuum all turf areas.
- Cut back/rake off dead foliage from perennials in beds.
- Clean beds of any foreign material so they are ready for dormant season.
- Pick up twigs from lawn.
- Put stone/mulch back in areas as necessary.